VIOLIN LESSONS (FORT COLLINS, CO)
Inspiration is the greatest motivator of all! As such, Michael seeks to provide the inspiration needed for students to reach their potential and fulfill their goals; adapting strategies unique to each individual's learning process. Michael's teaching is based in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Michael Davis provides:
- Instruction for highly skilled violinists
- Detailed chamber music coaching
- Fine points of solo, chamber and orchestral music preparation
- Development of musical styles and expression
- Intricate details of technique, execution and facility
- Understanding the mental aspects of performing
- Emphasis on teaching students to diagnose and solve problems on their own.
Testimonials and Accolades of Former Students
"As a very young violinist, Michael Davis’ warm and friendly approach gave me the courage and confidence to tackle violin technique I hadn’t thought possible."
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, member
- Mostly Mozart Festival Orchestra, member
- Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra, former member
- Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, former associate musician
- Columbia University, BA (Art History)
- The Juilliard School, BM
- The Juilliard School, MM
"I had the opportunity to work with Michael as a young violinist. Thanks to his inspiring natural abilities and relaxed approach he gave me an excellent, traditional foundation that has helped me immensely as a violinist and on my musical career path. I still use his techniques everyday with my own students and in my performances. He is the essence of a beautiful player and a 1st class teacher. "
- Boston Ballet Orchestra
- New England Conservatory Prep School Faculty
"Mr. Davis is a genuine, humorous, and refined communicator, motivating his students to pull the best from their violin, but more importantly, to evince the emotion of the music at their highest level."
- Ballardsville Baptist Church, Minister of Music
- B.G.S. Indiana University
- M.C.M. Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Fiddle/Tenor vocals, The Misty Mountain String Band
"Michael Davis is a wonderful teacher, and was formative in my development as a musician. Under his tutelage, my playing improved enormously, and I learned what it meant to be a thinking musician and musical citizen. An exacting and elegant violinist of the highest standards, Mr. Davis is also a kind, compassionate person. I am grateful to have studied with him.”
- Princeton Arts Fellow (2016-18)
- Tufts University Department of Music, Visiting Lecturer in Composition; Faculty, Bard College Conservatory of Music Preparatory Division
- Commissions: Weill Music Institute at Carnegie Hall, Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, American Composers Forum, BMI Foundation/Concert Artists Guild, Jerome Foundation
- Awards: Claire Rosen and Samuel Edes Foundation Prize for Emerging Artists, ASCAP Foundation Morton Gould Young Composer Award, BMI Student Composer Award
- DMA, Northwestern University
- BM, University of Michigan
"As so much of what I carry with me today as a musician and composer is a direct result of my years of study with Michael Davis, it is impossible for me to distill the value of his pedagogy in a few words. He brings all of his wisdom and excellence as a violinist to a teaching approach that is as much about getting technical results as it is about encouraging a real and personal relationship with the instrument and the repertoire—something that lasts a lifetime."
- New York Philharmonic, Teaching Artist Associate for Very Young Composers
- Recording artist
- B.A. Princeton University
"Michael Davis is an ideal violin teacher. His calm and compassionate manner allows his students to develop their abilities, all within a supportive and nurturing studio environment. As well as being a marvelous performer, Mr. Davis's superb strength of character serves as a model for his students, both in music and in life."
–Valerie Prebys Arsenault
- Tallahassee Bach Parley, President & Music Director
- Florida State University, Director of Baroque Ensemble
- Tallahassee Symphony
- Atlanta Baroque Orchestra
- BM, New England Conservatory
- MM, Indiana University Jacobs School of Music
- DM, Florida State University
"During my senior year, I won the concerto competition at my performing arts high school, and was accepted at 5 colleges for violin performance. Preparing for successful auditions was possible because of Mr. Davis’ steadfast support, encouragement, and instruction. Even during times of self-doubt, he continued to inspire and give me the musical and technical tools to succeed. This was the best possible musical learning environment I could have hoped for. I’m proud to say I was a student of Michael Davis!"
- University of Michigan BM ’09
- Indiana University MM in Baroque Violin ’12
- Case Western Reserve University DMA in Baroque Violin candidate (’18).